Here are some things I’d like to see this year. And if not this year, then sometime soon, I hope.
- Compostable produce stickers and/or paper-recyclable staples;
- Abolition of marriage as a state institution. Why does anyone care who’s marrying whom? And why does the government have any say in what a marriage is or isn’t?
- Eradication of bedbugs. Don’t you miss sleeping on strangers’ couches?
- Large-scale barter economies;
- Seedless lemons. Limes don’t have seeds. Clementines don’t have seeds. What is even possibly the holdup with this technology?
- Flat-rate BART fares;
- Universal health care;
- Cure for hangnails;
- Cold fusion or Higgs bosons. I’ll settle for one or the other;
- A lifted Honda CRX. Given where I live, it’s only a matter of time, really;
- The sun settling down just past west Oakland as many times as possible;
- A paycheck.
What’s on your list?